<$BlogRSDURL$>
Pointless Website Blog
Because I missed it, all right?
Thursday, February 26, 2004
 
I have tasted death. After getting a strawberry Caribbean Creme™ smoothie from Bear Mart that tasted like old socks and Nutrasweet™, I proceeded to drink water from a cup that apparently still had the essence of week-old skim milk residue inside. I am currently trying to purge the taste with ginger ale and Spaghettios.
Some of the only real aspects of today's mainstream entertainment culture that I actually like are the innovative takes on hip-hop of Timbaland, the Neptunes (a little pedestrian, though), and those weirdos in OutKast, and everybody's blinding preoccupation with the youth culture of the eighties. It'd probably be better to create new and wonderful original things for the 2000s, but eh, I liked the '80s, too, so why not make the best of it? On that note, I urge you to listen to the Minibosses' guitar heroic takes on old Nintendo game soundtracks. In the meantime, kids, enjoy your He-Man, Transformers, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles rehashes.
Comments:

 Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger