<$BlogRSDURL$>
Pointless Website Blog
Because I missed it, all right?
Saturday, May 07, 2005
 
My life sucks, but there's Fernando Botero. Do you know of Botero? You should. He's the painter/artist from Colombia who makes classical, baroque-style works, but makes all of his figures exaggerated and obese. Gateway Arts just bought a statue of his and placed it by Cafe Manhattan and the Starbucks at Hanley and Wydown. Saw it with my own eyes, I did. It's a classic equestrian statue, except the equestrian is chunky and nekkid, and the horse has apparently been fed too many oats. According to the P-D, a lot of the neighborhood hates it. Me, I love it, it's total Botero. I think the statue and Louis IX from the front of the Art Museum should have a jousting tourney.
Comments:

 Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger