<$BlogRSDURL$>
Pointless Website Blog
Because I missed it, all right?
Sunday, September 25, 2005
 
About a month ago, my friend Steph, grew up in St. Louis, currently living in Seattle, found herself without an internet connection here, and she asked me if there are any internet cafes in St. Louis. I didn't know what to tell her. "Well, the Jade Room kind of is one," I said. (And it is, to a limited degree, and with drinking) "And the Washington Avenue Post has a bunch of computers, and it's a cool place, but its hours are kind of limited."

But!

I just, at this very second, am realizing that there's Rivalz, a coffeehouse/cybercafe in Maryland Heights, $4 per hour for a computer, with a bunch of games thrown in with the deal (or free wi-fi, if that's your thing). It's open until 2:30 a.m. on weekdays, 3:00 on weekends, and 2:00 on Sundays, they've got pizzas (haven't tried), and Italian sodas, and I was completely unaware that the county had such a thing. As the name suggests, it is indeed tailored towards games, so, ah, if you want to develop an Everquest addiction, well, God help you, but they've got that for you.

So yes, St. Louis does have an internet cafe.
Comments:

 Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger