<$BlogRSDURL$>
Pointless Website Blog
Because I missed it, all right?
Tuesday, June 06, 2006
 
Suffragette City
I've already written a blog post giving Gabriel's KDHX radio show its due props, but I figured I'd write about another of my favorites. Every once in a while, it'll be late Tuesday night, and I'll have realized that I missed Suffragette City, and curse myself for it a little, because I realize that I just missed out on a lot of great music that only comes around once a week.

The show's hosted by Rene Spencer Saller, who was the RFT music editor from 2001 to 2003 or thereabouts, and who, according to an article I read in Thomas Crone's short-lived Silver Tray zine, apparently wrote for the legendary 1980s-era local music zine Jet Lag as a teenager, giving her something like a million cool points. The show features everything from singer-songwriters to indie rock to alt-country to a wee smattering of amazing hip-hop. So I'd like to encourage everyone to whom that sounds appealing to listen tonight on 88.1 KDHX from 10 p.m. to midnight CST, either on your radio or over the Internet if you're reading this outside of St. Louis.
Comments:
Thanks for the SC plug, Eric. You are nice, and I'm glad that you're able to listen sometimes. Feel free to request something, anytime, anywhere, and I'll do my best to hook you up.

Best,
Rene
 


 Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger